Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get a reservation?
- All reservations are secured via our website, thecatbirdseatrestaurant.com. From there, you can click ''Reservations'' and check the calendar in accordance with your desired date and party size. All reservations open up at midnight CST thirty days in advance. For example, reservations for December 15th opened up at 12:00 a.m. CST on November 15th.
- Do you keep a wait list?
- If you have a specific date that you'd like to come in that is fully booked, you are more than welcome to email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cell phone number, desired date, and desired party size. If you have made a wait list request, you will be contacted if any cancellations arise.
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Any and all cancellations or reservation changes must be made at least 7 days prior to the reservation date in order to forego the $75/person cancellation fee.
- Do you offer gift cards?
- Unfortunately, due to the small scope and size of our restaurant, we are unable to offer gift cards. If a friend or acquaintance is coming to dine with us, you are more than welcome to contact email@example.com up to one week in advance of their reservation and provide your credit card number and the amount you'd like to provide towards their bill.
- What is on the menu?
We do not have a traditional menu, rather a multi-course tasting menu that is determined by Chef Trevor Moran.
- I have allergies, can you accommodate them?
Yes, we accommodate food allergies. We just ask that you let us know in advance so we may properly prepare for your meal. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify our staff of any allergies for an existing reservation.
- How much does it cost?
We offer a multi-course tasting menu for $100 per person. Tax and a 20% service charge are added to the total bill at the end of the meal.
- What are drink options?
We offer optional beverage pairings. The standard beverage pairing is $40 per person, the reserve is $75 per person, and the non-alcoholic is $20 per person. A small reserve wine list is also available for you to order from.
- Can I bring my own wine?
Yes, you can bring your own wine in for a $30 corkage fee per bottle.
- How long does it take to eat?
We recommend allocating two and a half to three hours to enjoy the entire experience.
- Why this type of reservation system?
We have chosen to only make reservations available online because of the size and scope of the restaurant. The restaurant only has 32 seats total, so we are a very small operation that has to ensure each and every seat is filled on every night of operation.
- How late can I cancel my reservation?
- We allow cancellations up to seven days prior to your reservation date. If you cancel your reservation less than seven days in advance, we will charge $75 per person.
- What are your hours and days of operation?
We are open Wednesday through Saturday. Our first reservation is at 5:45pm and our last reservation is at 9:15pm.
- What should I wear?
- We don’t have a dress code, we just ask that you dress comfortably and respectfully of others. Some guests prefer to dress nicer, and some prefer to wear jeans. You will most likely be sitting at bar height, so please keep that in mind when choosing attire.
- May we take pictures?
Of course, please do. We want you to enjoy and remember your experience at The Catbird Seat. However, we ask that you don't use flash photography or video cameras during your meal.
- Do you have parking?
We offer complimentary valet parking as well as street parking.
- Why is a service charge added?
By law we are not allowed to share voluntary gratuity. By charging a mandatory service charge we are allowed the ability to create greater opportunity for our entire staff, chefs, cooks, FOH and dishwashers.
- What happens if I don't show up for my reservation?
Because the restaurant is so small, it's very important that each party show up in a timely manner. If you do not show up for your reservation, you will be charged $75 per person. If you have further questions about this policy, please ask our reservationist, who will be happy to discuss it with you.
- May I give my reservation to somebody else?
Yes, you may give your reservation to somebody else. If possible, please send an email to email@example.com to alert us of this change.
- I have a party of 7 or more, how do I make a reservation?
Unfortunately, the largest party size that we can accommodate is a party of six. If you are interested in doing a restaurant “buyout,” please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do you take walk-ins?
Due to the size and scope of this restaurant, at this time we are not able to accept walk-ins.